Presentation of the research areas
The LRCS is structured around 5 themes. They allow us to develop research excellence from the atom to the pre-industrial prototype, from Li-ion batteries to dye cells.
These themes are deliberately decompartmentalized to favor the emergence of original ideas through permanent contacts between researchers from different fields. This structure also gives us flexibility to meet the challenges of modern research: stiff competition for funding, strong competition with international teams (especially German, English, American and Chinese), complexity of the job of researcher (project management ,communication, entrepreneurship ...) and strong social / industrial expectations in our field: storage and conversion of energy.
Our 5 research themes are as follows (click to know more):
- Synthesis, surfaces, interfaces
- Organic, hybrid and polymeric materials for energy
- Photoelectrochemistry and photovoltaic devices
- Electrochemistry and optimization of energy storage devices
- Cristal chemistry of new inorganic materials for energy storage